Thursday, July 30, 2009

More Lawnmower Issues

I'm a bit conflicted here, and as usual I'm getting conflicting advice. I tried the suggestions of the guys at Joe's-I started the mower with the air filter off, and replaced the spark plug-both with no results. I asked the folks at Charlie Brown's and they said right off the bat that I had carburetor problems, which has been suggested to me, so I'm back to square one.

Now I don't know if I'm man enough to rebuild a carburetor, but from what I understand, the first step might be to simply soak the thing in carburetor cleaner. That might do the trick, though the easiest and simplest thing would be to just take the darn thing in, but we aren't looking for the easy way, are we?

It's off to the auto parts store to get carb cleaner and while I'm there, I might as well get oil and a filter for the car. What am I getting myself into here? I don't think soaking a carb is too bad, even if I've never done it before. Heck, I've gotta give it a try. Wish me luck.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: