Friday, March 20, 2009

Getting Stuck and Sugaring

The mud has gotten so bad that I'm thinking this will be a mud season to remember. Already our road is in terrible shape, and our driveway is taking a beating. Part of it unusable thanks to my trying to drive the truck through it, and I'm thinking I might have to go in there and do a little repair work. Not that it would help.

We've decided to stop using part of our road and will have to drive in from the opposite direction. It makes life inconvenient, but sure beats getting stuck. I think the road are so bad that our wood guy won't be able to make it through to deliver our wood, if that even ever happens. Whatever be the case, it might take a little longer, which isn't the end of the world.

It's been a busy sugar season by the looks of our neighbors, and we've yet to join in and watch/help. I'm actually not sure how to take part, but am wondering if I should just give them a call and invite ourselves over. They are such nice people and I'm sure they would say fine, but I feel a little funny. We'd love to help.

We're hoping for some warm, dry days to deal with the mud. I've been told what makes the difference is when the trees pop out their leaves. That apparently suck the water out of the ground and ends mud season. I'm all for it.

We'll see how this one goes. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: