Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Everyone in Vermont Needs a Truck and Blue Belt Responsibilities

After all is said and done, I'm still not sure if I'm ever going to get my firewood, but I'm not going to stress about it. For whatever reason, PD said that it's now or never, and I'm not sure why. Whatever be the case, now I'm all neurotic about whether or not my firewood guys is actually going to come through. It's hard when you're so dependent on other people, especially ones you don't even know and have never met.

So I sit and wait. I have other options, albeit more difficult ones. I really wanted to just have them deliver the logs and I could cut them at my leisure, but we'll see where this one goes. In the meantime, GS said he'd have plenty of wood, just no means to transport it, so I need a truck. Who in Vermont doesn't need a truck?

That said, last night at karate, my sensei said if he gets his dump truck up and running, I could borrow it to haul wood, just fill the tank. It's got a 454, so that could be an expensive proposition, but very doable. He also said he's got a logging job coming up and might have a line on some wood, so I asked him to keep me in mind. This wood gig sure takes some thought, though only when you're trying to save money.

Last night in class I had to fulfill some of my blue belt duties and actually teach a new student about what we're all about. I never know what to say, but just went over the basics and it seemed to go well. The girl in question is a natural, BTW.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Andrzej PobiedziƄski for the pic.

No comments: