Monday, March 2, 2009

Clarification

I'd like to clarify my saying that I took a bullet for GL. What I really meant was that in helping him out, my life was inconvenienced, nothing more. No big deal, and truth be told, Gary has always been there for us, so it was a no brainer to help him. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

But it really clarifies the difficulties in having only one car. Our Mazda Protege is a great car, it's served us well and we hope that it will serve us for a lot longer. I'm old school in that I believe cars should be driven into the ground before you replace them, and that's why we got our Protege. We're on the verge of 100K miles, and no major problems. It handles the snow well, also, but that could simply be our Nokian Hakkas. Great tire.

Even still, it'd be nice to have another car, even if it's a junker to just get us to the rec center. R thinks buying junk is a waste of time, but meanwhile you're sitting there without transportation. What is the lesser of two evils?

Thanks for reading.

No comments: