Saturday, March 21, 2009

Careful What You Wish For continued


I got a message from PD that our firewood was coming this weekend, and it kind of took me by surprise. On the one hand I'd like to get the wood and know that I have it in my possession, on the other hand, it means I've got to deal with it, which means getting the chainsaw, the chaps, the boots, the helmet, and all that good stuff. Up to now it's just a been an abstract concept, but eventually I've got to turn it all into a reality. And then I've got to actually cut the wood.

The problem we have is that to transport the wood, they've got to drive down our road, and it's been posted because it's a mud pit. Almost impassable for our tiny car, so I can't imagine what an 18-wheeler would do. They'll have to move the wood during the early AM when the road is still frozen, but we shall see. Just goes to show you, be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Hans Thoursie for the pic.

No comments: