Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it Snow

We finally got what I would consider to be a good snowfall, and it was really nice. The snow fell for a few hours and we got good coverage, enough to make getting out of the driveway a bit of a chore, though our Nokian Hakkas shined brightly. Somehow I foolishly feel like good snow tires are the answer to it all.

Of course, with the heavy snow comes the added responsibility of having to deal with it, and we spent a lot of the day shoveling and raking snow off the roof, but it turned to be fun. Audrey and Nicholas helped out, they actually enjoy shoveling, and we had a really nice day. Best of all, the snow kept falling, and I'm thinking the skiing will pick up. Time to break out the snowboard and hit the slopes.

A quick note-as much as I love the weather, I don't mean to make light of all that people are going through with the power outages and all. Strangely enough, we weren't affected, because last year we lost power regularly, almost every other week, but this last one, where people have been without power for five to six days, we never lost it. We got lucky on this one. Our hearts go out to everyone.

There is supposed to be another big storm rolling in on Friday, so I plan on stocking up tonight (Thursday) and filling the wood box in anticipation of the big one, which may or may not materialize. With this in mind, I had to clear a path to the wood, but so far we're all set.

Looking forward to doing some XC skiing, as well, and I'm not sure if the trails have been groomed, but we can break trail with our backcountry rigs. I can't tell you how cool it is to have the skis at the beginning of the season, so hopefully we can take full advantage of the trails that run through our house. Last year we seemed to be lagging because we got our skis so late, but boy did we get a good deal at LL Bean. I love that place.

My name is Fred Lee, and until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: