Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bright Notes

When things are looking this glum, you can't help but wrap your hands around the few bright spots that come your way. Throw me a bone, as the saying goes. First off, it turns out the septic permit does not expire, so we can move ahead with this and maybe even finish it without rushing the completion of the house, which ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Also, my good friend, Homestead Gary, is willing to offer his expertise in building a house to us, so at the very least we'll get some advice. I think I can do certain things in terms of building, I just need some help (lots of help!) in knowing what to do. Ignorance is bliss, except when you need to know.

We are short on snow up here in Vermont. Audrey and Nicholas went out in the yard the other day and they had a blast sledding, even though the grass was clearly visible through the thin snow. It was slippery enough to sled, and we built a killer ramp with some scrap wood. I realized the mistakes I'd made last year in trying to make a jump, and employed a ramp instead of just a lump. When we get a boat load of snow the ramp will be killer.

Need to dust off the XC skis and the snowboard in anticipation of the coming season. I'm excited, and can't wait for the hill to open up. Also, we have our skis so we can dive into the XC trails as soon as they're covered. That will be exciting.

My name is Fred Lee, and until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: