Friday, September 19, 2008

Prepping for Winter

I can't believe it, but I've got to move the wood piles. It dawned on me that the wood is in the way of the septic system, and though there's space, we probably need more. I asked Todd Hill but of course he blew me off. Still waiting.

The weather has been perfect, very much a New England Fall, and we have started burning wood. The wood from last year is nice and dry and burns like kindling, it's awesome, and you can really feel the difference. I managed to discard the clapboards and waste at the dump, was worried what I was going to do with the junk, but it was easy. Like everything, fear of action prevented me from just doing what was in essence very simple. Ah, the joy of action.

Today I plan on fixing clapboards, but I've got to cut more plywood and replace it, then seal it with Vycor. So much to do, and I've got to make supper for the family. It ain't easy, but nobody said it would be.

Spent the late afternoon mowing the lawn like crazy, and Bob even said the property looked so, so give ourselves a thumbs up there.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: