Monday, September 22, 2008

Chainsaws

Well, as anyone who knows me might have guessed, I've got chainsaws on the brain and have been scouring for information about chainsaws. Unfortunately, the info is overwhelming, and I have a hard time making heads or tails of it all. I do think I'm going to end up spending about $400 for one, which is pretty substantial, but I'm thinking the way to go is to cut our own darn wood. It just has to happen, I'm looking for log lengths over here.

I'm having trouble a little with the clapboard issue, I'm in need of ripping wood to do the corner boards and the previous owners just had to go and be a pain in the ass and use some damn unusual width of board that you can't just go and buy. So I'm stuck with trying to find the right width, or I'll end up ripping the boards myself. Paul thinks I should get a table saw, but that's just how he thinks. He's a tool guy.

In the meantime, what to do? I keep trying to cut small pieces that will line up and they always fall short, it's incredibly frustrating. I've given up, it's a complete waste of time, but I've got to deal with this situation. I'm thinking I'm going to rip the damn things, what a pain.

I've been given a break over the past few days because there has been no rain, so I've got to seize the moment, but everything seems to force to a halt. I'm always in need of going to Home Depot or Britton's, and time is precious. Okay, enough whining.

Gotta run. Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: