Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday Morning

We managed to get a few things done yesterday, in spite of the poor weather. I've come to realize that in Vermont, as in all of New England, you can't let a little bad weather stop you from doing not only what you have to do, but what you want to do.

I think I'm done priming clapboards, at least for now. I do need more stain, however, if I plan on finishing the exterior walls, which have take a long time. I still need to do the following - finish staining the clapboards, paint the corner boards white, check the clapboards on the other side, which I believe may be in worse condition, put a finish coat on my shelf unit, paint the croquet stand, etc.

I don't know where to begin. I made a kitty litter tray and a food tray, though I figured that I'd put a finish coat on the food tray. I spent all day staining my new shelf and will have to put a satin finish on it, and hopefully it'll be a dry day. I also want to mow the lawn.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, and still have other things I need to do, so I'm going to sign off and get some other things done.

Until then, thanks for reading.

PS Ruth's parents are coming this Thursday, so I need to get a lot done before they get here. Bob also likes to stack wood, so I'm thinking I'll relocate a wood pile, which is a royal pain, but if he has fun, it's well worth it.

No comments: