Thursday, September 18, 2008

Moving Forward at the Speed of Molasses

I don't know where the time goes. It seems like by the end of the day, I've gotten nothing done, and there's so much to do. Big weekend coming up with the in-laws, and there's a lot of home improvement that needs doing. Not sure if I can pull it off while they're visiting, but I'd like to. At the very least get some of it done.

The weather has been beautiful, it really feels like Fall, and it seems in such contrast to the turbulent storm that is our world today. Not sure how the current events are going to effect our little pocket of paradise here in Vermont, but we shall see.

Wasn't sure where to buy more stain, but went with the smaller, more local-ish store, Foggs, over Home Depot. We wanted to blade afterwords and are still in search of the famed Lebanon bike trail, but we'll get there. I'm going to try to finish the front clapboards this week, and work on my next big home improvement project, replacing the ugly shingles on our front porch. It'll take some creativity and thought, so stay tuned. I don't want to get too cocky, that always bites me back.

The barn is starting to move forward and I need to get in touch with Todd Hill, no word from him. Also need to move our firewood to make space for the septic system. So much to do.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: