Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Feeling the Weight of Spring

I know that spring is a time for flowers and butterflies and all that good stuff, and I really love the change in seasons up here, something I never really experienced in So Cal. However, with the arrival of spring comes a whole slew of work that needs to be done. I don’t even know where to begin, so in typical fashion, I simply ignore it and hope it’ll go away. Usually it doesn’t go away.

In addition to the barn project, the snow/ice has pretty much melted, leaving the grass to start doing its thing. Before that can happen, however, I need to do some major raking. I hardly did any last year because we had this crazy early October storm that covered everything, making it all but impossible to rake. Fine by me, though I’ll suffer the consequence now that it’s spring. Once that’s done, I’ll have my regular list of lawn activities, including seeding and mowing.

I’m not sure what the status is of our garden, but I’m thinking we’ll pass this year and support the local economy, instead. I’m just not a gardener, though I play one on TV. I’d rather leave it to the local farmers and support their efforts. Their stuff is so much nicer, anyway. At some point I’m going to have to cut up the seven cords of log length wood and split it. Ideally, I’ll at least get it cut before it gets hot, because it’s a bummer running that chainsaw during the peak heat of summer.

It looks like I’ll have my work cut out for me, but that’s how we like it over here in Vermont, right?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to CubaGallery for the pic.

No comments: