Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Attaining Peace With the Door Knobs (almost)

We’re almost there with the door knobs, and I have LaValley’s to thank for that one. The selection at Home Depot was overwhelming, and as I mentioned, I couldn’t find anything I wanted on those shelves. I went over to LaValley’s and H was there to help me. We made some choices, I got a better sense of what our options were, and I took that information back home to R and we talked it over.

We decided on a certain pattern and color, but found out that it would require a special order. That’s not a big deal, but there were a few things to consider. First off, and this speaks volumes to me, but getting special order door knobs meant more cost. For all four knobs and deadbolts, about $100 extra, not including the freight charge they stick you with. Plus, special orders are final, no returns. Like we experienced with windows, if you can choose among their stock items, you save money and have more flexibility.

The reality is, the difference between what we chose and what they had was completely negligible. More importantly, they had the color we wanted in stock, so it was a no-brainer. That, and the fact that they’re just door knobs, as long as they look decent and work.

With this in mind, I think we’re a step closer, if not on the verge of getting the hardware. This translates into one step closer to inner-door knob peace, and you can’t take that for granted. At least I can’t.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to RLGarlick for the pic.

No comments: