Friday, July 2, 2010

Good Karate Class

Sensei CH couldn't make it to class last week, and my first impulse is to always cancel the class. However, Master JH was going to be there, as was D, so it was going to be fine. We went ahead with class and it turned out nicely. Best of all, A&N wanted to come along and watch, probably in a large part because their friends show up. I did notice, however, that when A was playing with one of her friends who tends to play a little rough, she could have easily taken him out with a little patience a skill. She would thus benefit from taking the class, but that may be coming soon.

Anyway, we had a good class, Master H took over and we went over katas, though D gave me some constructive criticism on my form, which I of course took to heart. He's the man.

Often when CH isn't there, we don't spar, but Master H wanted to get down to business, which meant that I was going to have to do battle in front of the kids. The pressure was on, and though I didn't have to win, I felt like I needed to score some points in front of them. Mission accomplished. In fact, afterward, N came up to me and gave me a pat on the back and said, "Nice job, dad."

I think they are getting closer to joining in. At least I hope so.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: