Sunday, July 4, 2010

This Could Be The Week

The kids will be away at camp during the day all this week, so I think I might very well get some stuff done around the house, though it's supposed to be ugly scorching hot out here. Whose idea was that?

The first order of business will be to get the dormers done and have the roofers come and do their thing. After doing battle with an army of hornets, I managed to clear the roof of about thirty of their nests. I then replaced the fascia, which like many things in life, was much easier the second time around. In fact, I'm rather disappointed in the awful job I did the first time around on the first dormer, and if I had all the time in the world (which I don't), I'd go back and redo it, but it's done, and sometimes we just have to move on with our lives.

Having said that, after I finish nailing in the fascia, I can frame the windows, install, and then Tyvek, and we're good to go. Hopefully the framing won't be too bad, but I won't make any predictions at this point. Once the windows are in and the roof is on, the barn will be fairly well sealed from the elements, and that will be a major milestone, maybe even grounds for a celebration, but who's got time for complacency?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: