Monday, June 28, 2010

Neglecting Real Man Duties

I regret to say that I haven't been attending to my real man duties as much as I should because of all of our work at the Grateful Dumpling, but things are inching along. I've got 1/3 of the final dormer done, and once I get the side pieces on, I'll frame the windows, install them, wrap with Tyvek, and then we're good to go for the roofers. I should also clean off the last of the moss on the on the other side, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I've also begun the task of moving the firewood, which is 99% cut into blocks, but man are there a lot of them. N and I were stacking wood when it really dawned on me that I have a lot of work to still do in terms of splitting and stacking that stuff. Fortunately we have a year's worth ready to burn, but you just never know how much you'll need. Besides, you can't beat wood that's cured for two years. At least that's what I've been told, and we're awaiting the arrival of seven more cords. What was I thinking?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lysanne Ooteman for the pic.

No comments: