Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Good Turnout at Karate

We had quite the good turnout at karate last night. The only people who were missing were C&I and D, but no telling when he'll be back. We had about half a dozen new students, and the return of some veterans to make for an excellent class. Master Hammond was excited, and one of the new guys is quite the junior marine. It'll be interesting sparring with him, I have a feeling it's going to fall into my lap.

I'm also determined to be more diligent about practicing my katas. This came to light when MH asked me to demonstrate a kata and I couldn't remember how to do it. He let me off the hook with a bo kata, but I felt like I really let him down. With the Grateful Dumpling and all that's going on in our lives, it's easy for karate to fall by the wayside, and I think that's a big mistake. Fatigue, however, has an interesting way of taking over.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go practice my lethal blows.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Sonja Mildner for the pic.

No comments: