Monday, July 5, 2010

Firewood and The Deck

I saw JH the other day at the market and then the 4th of July fair, and we both agreed that if we put our heads together, we'd have one darn big head. Actually, we concurred that working together, we felt like we could tackle most jobs around here, being that he's a real man and I'm a real man in training. The barn project is ongoing, but I got to thinking that attention really needs to be paid to our front deck. I've basically ignored it for the past 6 months, much to the chagrin of R, and it may be the fitting next chapter in our journey towards manhood, or at least mine.

I think the next time JH comes over, we'll take a good long look at it and decide on a course of action. It could be challenging, but nothing that won't make for good reading, and everyone loves a good story.

On other fronts, I also need to return my attention to firewood. We stacked this year's pile and then seemed to cease thinking about the rest of the wood. It took me awhile to cut up the logs, thanks in a large part to my beautiful new chain, and now I've got to split and stack year two. We also got our new pile of logs (years 3 and 4), which I might cut up a bit before Winter arrives. I figure I've got a jug filled with gasoline, so I might as well use it up.

In the meantime, I need to move those blocks over to the splitting area, which is no small task when you're using a wheelbarrow. Speaking of which, I think I may need to replace the bed on mine, it's really taken a beating.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: