Monday, May 3, 2010

One Down, One Hundred To Go

Okay, now we're talking. I actually finished one of our goals and got the wood for one year split (about 5 cords, 5 more to go), stacked and drying. Of course, there is little room for complacency, because there are still dozens of other things that need to be done, but one thing at at time. Besides, the male ego is a frail thing, and needs constant re-affirmation and stroking. Allow me to enjoy this moment.

I do think the big pile of log-length wood is getting smaller, as well, though like all things in life, one thing leads to another. I've managed to cut and block up at least half that pile, I still need to transport the blocks (via wheel barrow) and then split them, so the fun never stops, but all we do around here is have fun.

I've also managed to get all the fascia off both gable ends of the house, and will now set about getting my feet on the roof and working on those darn dormers. I need to remove the fascia off them, get those windows out, reframe the ROs (listen to me, I think I'm Bob Vila), then Tyvek and put new windows in.

Oh, and did I mention that I need to put new fascia in all around the house? Piece of cake, I know I can get it done before the new year.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: