Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great Karate Class

We've been having some decent karate classes lately, and the irony is, I've been so overwhelmed with life duties that I haven't been able to practice as much as I should, or for that matter, at all. It doesn't take much time, I've just been lazy and tired.

The past couple of classes more people have been showing up, including a wealth of senseis. MG from the VA has been coming and he's a great teacher because he gives a lot of explanation and background into the basic foundation of the moves. Coupled with MH, they are incredible teachers and a unique opportunity to learn. The students have been increasing, as well, and I'd still like to get the kids to go, but it could be too soon. They can't progress beyond a certain point until they are older, anyway, so maybe it's better to wait, but at some point they may never be interested. I just see a lot of the kids losing interest, and the teachers are aware of this.

Either way, class has been good, and with the nice weather, we've been training outside, which makes for a lighter and more enjoyable time, though we get nailed by the mosquitoes. Can't have it all. I've even become more philosophical about sparring, and at times even look forward to it, especially when I go against the black belts, who are no longer nice to me and do not ease up as much. In fact, the other day I got kicked in the face, and my first impulse was to get dramatic, but there's no room for that amongst real men.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to nikki bharwani for the pic.



size is growing

No comments: