Sunday, May 23, 2010

Firewood Insecurity

With most of the woodpile now cut up into blocks (7 cords), I can set my sites on several new goals. First, moving that woodpile over to the splitting area, splitting it, and then stacking it. They say wood warms you two times, but that's a gross understatement if there ever was one. And, of course, I need to get another truckload of tree length so I can keep my chainsaw busy. Boy, you just can't beat a chainsaw as a manly toy. Loud, dangerous, and uses gasoline. What more can you ask for?

On the subject of log length wood, I contacted our wood source and haven't heard back from him, which kind of makes an OCD type like myself a bit uneasy. I'm not really comfortable until the pile of wood is sitting in our yard. Then, I can obsess over something else.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: