Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Frost Warning

In a great example of trying way too hard, we had a frost warning the other night, and it came out of nowhere. The weather has been amazing mild, warm even, and it really took us by surprise. Unfortunately, our garden and yard has been sprouting, so the frost might have hurt or even destroyed our blossoms.

Well, thinking I could actually do something about it, I set about rescuing our crab-apple tree by covering it. I was told that this help protect from frost because it apparently descends down over the plants.

The problem was, I misjudged the size of our tree, and thought it was much smaller. This is what resulted. Oh well, at least I ended up protecting about 25% of the leaves, or if I was an optimist, I'd say 33%.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: