Thursday, April 1, 2010

Almost There

Okay, so I'm almost ready to put the doors and the rest of the windows in. I finished sheathing the newly framed openings, and repaired the incisions in the Tyvek, now all I've got to do is prep the holes for the insertion of the windows, then give JH a call. Hopefully he'll be able to come over some time in the next week or so to help out, that would be great.

And hopefully we'll have some nice weather to do the job. Not sure if it's imperative, but I think since we're also waterproofing the openings, dry is good. We shall see, the forecast looks pretty good.

Also, I have to finish that deck. It's so daunting to me because it seems like a pretty heavy duty job, and I have no clue what I'm doing, but you never know until you try. I've learned this lesson in life, most of the time, if not all of the time, what scares you into inaction is not as bad as you thought it would be. Then you kick yourself because you sat on your butt all this time. At least learn firsthand that you can't do it before you throw in the towel.

Finally, hurt my knee last night, and hurt my sparring partner's knee, while we were sparring in karate. I think it's because he and I... or maybe I should only speak for myself, but we're kind of intense. I for one need to lighten up and have a good time with it. Something about hand to hand combat that brings out the worst in me. Now we're both injured. Oh well, can't fight your animal instincts.

Until the next time, thanks for reading,
Allmost ready to put in windows
weather not cooperating
more wood this year
that deck

No comments: