Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Making Pizzas, Meeting the Man, and Wimping Out

Things have been so crazy around here and I've been feeling so overwhelmed that I actually bailed out on karate class, and I felt really bad about that. However, I'm going a little nuts over here, and with all the activities that are wearing me down, the thought of having to be one more place was just too much. However, that's probably the best time to do something you really love to do, and how else am I going to karate kick my way into the sunset?

Just to rub salt in the wound, my sensei had forgotten his keys, so he had to stop by our house to get my set, making me feel even worse. I hate letting the guy down, but what are you going to do? There's always next week.

My life has been all about meetings lately, and I've come to the conclusion that they sure do take a lot of time. It's not just the actual act of attending them, but scheduling your day around them. It really changes the makeup of your day, and not always for the better.

I attended another FF meeting, and have to confess, it went well, I think it's a great group of people who really care about their community. Plus, I finally met the man, JH, the baking czar of King Arthur Flour. What a super nice guy, and I mean genuinely nice. I was impressed. We talked pizza, and though I'm still not sure how we're going to pull this off, or for that matter, what my role is, it was a fruitful meeting. Some things were clarified, while others were made less clear, but what else is new?

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Christopher Bruno for the pic.

No comments: