Sunday, April 18, 2010

Upcoming Week

I contacted the fire marshal about burning some scrap wood, but never heard from the guy. Not sure how I'm supposed to approach this, but I'll keep trying. This, however, was fairly fortuitous, because I was going to burn a ton of cedar shingles that I ripped from the front porch, and I just learned from my mentor that they are extremely useful as shims when you install a door. So I went outside last night and grabbed a bunch from the burn pile. Talk about good timing.

When JH comes over on Thursday, we'll finish putting in the final window and maybe even give a stab at putting in a door, but that may be well over our heads.

At some point, I have to get on that deck, and let us not forget the fascia on the barn, mowing our newly refurbished lawn, and making a dent in that wood pile.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: