Friday, April 16, 2010

Installing Windows

JH came by the other day and helped me install windows on a provisional basis, provisional meaning he'd do it and see how it went, basing future assistance on that. Personally, I think it went well, JH is a great guy, super nice and easy to talk to, and with some interesting experiences. I enjoy just hanging out with the guy, and he has building experience without being overbearing, though in certain instances, being overbearing ain't a bad thing. This is especially true of the likes of me, who likes having his hand held. I'm guessing I'm too old for that.

Either way, he stopped by in the AM, we chatted for a bit, and then we set about putting those darn windows in. Between the two of us, we had enough experience and knowledge to know what to do. In the end, it isn't rocket science, and thanks to my brother in law, PR, I had some sense of the drill. And once we got started, it went fairly quickly. We put in four windows, no problem, and were about to put in the fifth when we found the RO to be too small. I couldn't believe it. I'll have to widen the hole, which is a bummer, but not the end of the world.

I'll attend to that, then we'll set out sights on putting in doors, which I believe is a little more hardcore. Also, I need to replace that darn fascia, and then get to those second story windows and doors, which is going to be a challenge. Good thing I got that extra ladder.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: