Sunday, March 28, 2010

Airplane Repair

Wow, I can now rub elbows with my brother in law, who builds and repairs WWII fighter planes, which for the record is an amazingly cool job. The reason that he and I are now contemporaries is because I'm now an expert in airplane repair.

N received two planes for birthday presents, and they both incurred damages. The first one actually flies and is pretty darn cool. You charge it and it takes off flying, except that when it lands, it's not always a smooth transition. A piece of the wing chipped off, and it probably would have been fine to leave it, but the kids really wanted me to do something about it. So broke out the Elmer's glue and patched it. I'm sure PR uses the same technique when he repairs p-41s.

The other plane was a model bi-plane, the sort I used to make when I was a kid. The tail wing broke off, and we tried putting it on with Crazy Glue, but for whatever reason, it didn't work. I needed model glue, but had to get over to the hobby shop for that. The repair was easy, and we were back in business in no time.

Now that I'm an expert at fixing planes, I think the next time we visit P&D in Ohio, if he needs some help installing an engine or fixing the landing gear, I'm his man... yeah, right.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: