Monday, April 9, 2012

Finis

In what is truly a proud moment in a real man in training’s life, I was given a series of jobs to do by a true to life real man, KB, and I actually completed them. I know, it’s hard to believe, especially since I finished them in less than a year, but they’re done.

In did the last of the insulation in the rafters, changing the original plan with KB’s blessing. I was told to install the foam blocks using nails, but I found it didn’t work that well. After putting a few in, I wondered why we didn’t just glue the things in, and when I inquired, KB said that would be fine. This, of course, made life much easier, and not to mention making the job quicker. Best of all, the kids got to help out, though help is subject to interpretation. It’s pretty amusing when you’re trying to do a job in a confined space and your kids are tearing around on their scooters. The barn is the perfect surface for it.

In another humorous moment, A&N wanted to help by handing me the pre-cut blocks while I was on the ladder, and as I applied the glue and reached out for them to hand it to me, they weren’t paying attention because they were making shadow animals on the wall. Ah, parenthood, you have to love it.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: