Monday, April 23, 2012

Being Environmental

I’m never really clear on the proper protocol for disposal, and it really depends on who you talk to. Even then, it changes from day to day. My big dilemma is how to get rid of plywood. With regular pine scraps, you just burn the stuff, but plywood is partly synthetic, and though it’s mostly wood, there is glue holding it all together. Not the best stuff to burn.
I’ve spoken to people whom I consider to be very environmentally friendly, and they’ve said, with trepidation, that you’re not really supposed to, but just burn it. Others have said on certain occasions that it’s not good for the environment, and then on other occasions to just burn it (wink-wink). Then there are those who say, “Just burn it you tree-hugging sissy.” What to do? It’s complicated by the fact that some of the pieces are big.

I finally decided to bite the bullet, cut the pieces into manageable sizes, and dispose of it properly, at the dump. Sure, it costs me money, and the guy at the dump is grouchy, crotchety old man, but I can sleep better at night knowing I didn’t take the easy way out. Besides, these neurotic adventures give me plenty to write about in this blog.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Bree Prince for the pic.

No comments: