Monday, January 4, 2010

The Return of Karate Man

I went to my first karate class two weeks ago post-injury, and it wasn't so bad. I still couldn't spar for fear of re-injuring my foot, but I know that when you're dealing with real men like CH and JH, there's no room for cowards. Broken bones are all part of the program.

Either way, it felt good to be back and active, though I felt rusty. I have this grand notion that I'll work out at home and practice the things I need to know to become a one-man wrecking crew, but whenever I have the time, all I want to do is lay down and close my eyes. Funny how that works. My goal is to look like this guy, flying off into the sunset.

We are preparing for our next belt test, however, and it will require that I get my next kata down, not to mention master using the bo staff. You have to love weapons.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Christopher Bruno for the pic.

No comments: