Saturday, January 9, 2010

Maintaining Credibility, If Nothing Else

I haven't done a thing on the barn, and I think it's bumming R out, but it's cold, and I need to get over to HD to order new windows. Plus, I have to haul all my tools back into the barn to revisit the whole framing business. I realize I mentioned how I liked framing, but somehow the idea of re-framing is not as appealing. Whatever be the case, it's on my mind, and that is usually the first step to either getting it done, or doing nothing and having it eat away at you. I often embrace the latter.

I did take care of a few things, however. I finally contacted the excavator to tell him the septic project was on hold until Spring. The guy probably thinks I'm insane because we have pushed this back at least a year, if not more, but such is life. I did mention that we'd cut some trees down and were in the process of clearing them, so that might have given me some credibility... yeah, right.

We've also managed to get the roof project reserved but also delayed until Spring, which will give me a chance to get up there on the roof (am I crazy, or what?) to clean off all that nasty moss. I'm not looking forward to it, but I think I can do it. At least if I fall off, it's only the first floor, and if I'm lucky, one of the cats will be under me to break my fall. Just kidding.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: