Thursday, January 14, 2010

More Pillars of the Community and Eggs

We've finally found what we consider to be a reliable source for eggs, and you can't beat the convenience. It's our neighbor. I didn't even know they had eggs for sale, I've never actually seen the hens, but I'd heard through the grapevine they had them available. When I inquired, KJ said yes, and if I wanted, I could get the regularly (chick not included). How cool is that? The only problem is, now that we're getting eggs regularly, we've got to eat them. Shouldn't be too hard, though we did run into a surplus situation. Nothing a good frittata can't solve.

Also, community wise, I've been asked, for whatever reason, to help out at the library. Somehow my name must have come up, and I got a phone call from the previous person who said I was being asked to help. Wow, I didn't think anybody even knew my name. My first thought was, why me? My second thought was, who are you? My third thought was, why aren't you doing it anymore? He told me who he was and I realized he was one of those, "I know you but I don't know you" people. We live in the same town and have crossed paths on numerous occasions.

Either way, I'd love to help, but am not sure if I am qualified (I don't even know what is expected of me) and am a little concerned about the time commitment. He assured me that on both counts, it was not rigorous, and I could even bring the kids along. Not sure how that would work out, but makes it more plausible

I talked to R about it and I do want to help, so I'm leaning towards saying yes. Besides, I love our library, they do such a nice job. I think I'll talk to head librarian get more info.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Aleksandra P. for the pic.

No comments: