Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Screw That

I had to extend the kitchen wall studs, a job KB gave me several weeks back, and it was amazing enough that I pulled it off. Upon further inspection, however, it dawned on me that if the studs are going to hold up cabinets and other good stuff like that, they really need to be secured. With that in mind, I had this brilliant idea that maybe I should screw them in to make them stronger. When I broached this idea with KB, he said do it, after which I wondered why he didn’t say this in the first place, but no sense in asking certain questions.

I was at HD so I picked up some 3 1/2 inch screws, though they were exterior screws because I couldn’t seem to find long wood screws that weren’t exterior ones. That’s what happens when you send a real man in training to do a real man’s job. Whatever be the case, they’ll work, so I’m not complaining.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: