Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Moving Wood

Now that my chainsaw is in the shop, I can do other firewood related activities, including moving the wood into the splitting area. I managed to cut about two cords, which is currently sitting in a pile by the logs. I usually cut the whole thing then move it, which takes days, but since I’m in limbo, I can move what’s done and that will make my life easier down the road. At least, that’s how the theory goes. I haven’t actually put it into practice, yet.

I also managed to move about 1/3 of a cord that was leftover from last year into the splitting area, so I can break out the maul and get to work whenever I can get motivated. Plenty of other things to distract me, however, so we’ll see when this grand plans goes into effect.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: