Thursday, May 3, 2012

Getting Ahead of Myself

Way back when (so far back I can hardly remember) KB told me to extend the kitchen studs, I ended up with all these pieces of rough cut wood. I knew in the back of my mind that I would need a few more pieces to finish the job, but there was a lot. Getting more ambitious than I needed to be, I decided to build a hockey net.

After scouring the web for the proper dimensions, I built one that was close to what they use in the NHL. However, when I ordered a net, it turned out to be too small, and I realized that you don’t need a regulation size net to practice shooting pucks, just something with a net. Also, I ended up using all the wood, and now I need that wood to finish the job that KB gave me. So now I need to dismantle the net and use the wood for said purpose. This is the same net that I thrashed my thumb on while trying to screw it together. I suffered for that thing.

On the bright side, N isn’t even that into it because the net doesn’t fit. We need to make something smaller, and might use PVC piping, instead. We’ll see how that goes.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: