Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Weather, Our Wood, and Karate

I have mixed feelings about the weather. On the one hand, I'm bummed because I am not ready for Winter to be over. We want to ski for at least another month, but it's so warm the XC ski trails have taken a beating, and I'm sure the hills are not enjoying themselves, either. Oh well, it is warm, hovering around 40 degrees today, which seems unheard of for Feb.

If there is a silver lining to it, it's that we're consuming less fuel, and it's plausible that by the end of February, we'll still have half of our wood, which would be fine by me. Even still, it's too warm.

I just found out last Monday that I will in fact be testing for my blue belt next Monday. Nobody told me, and at first I wanted to be whiny about it, but realized it wasn't doing anybody any good. It doesn't change things, I just have to get my mind around it.

Until then, my name is Fred Lee, and thanks for reading.

No comments: