Saturday, February 21, 2009

Resting on my Laurels and Spring is in the Air

Wow, since the big blue belt test, I've completely forsaken my karate and haven't given it much thought. Bad behavior, and very reminiscent of school and test taking, not to mention counter to our philosophy that life is about the everyday moments and not just waiting around for the big milestones. Even still, it is nice to take a break. Today I'll go through my katas to keep them fresh in my mind.

Spring is most definitely in the air, even though it was really cold yesterday, so much so that we actually bailed out on skiing because we were freezing our tushes off. It was that darn wind. I think we're slated to get a big load of snow in the coming days, so Winter is not done with us just yet.

In the coming weeks, I'll have to address the delivery of our propane for the next year and firewood, the ever present concern for us. I may have found alternate sources for the wood, though I'm thinking MJ is still our man. Not sure when I should give him a call, but I'm guessing the time is soon.

Until then, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope you did get to go through your katas ^^

karen

phredude said...

Most definitely got through my katas. Like my sensei says, don't think too much, feel it and go with what feels right, not unlike life. Practice helps, as well, and fortunately, you can squeeze that in during the most unlikely moments.