Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Snow and Taking a Break

I've heard through the weather rumor mill that we're slated to get up to 12-14 inches of snow, if you can believe that one. J at the ski hill is probably livid, but I have to confess, I'm into it. It means that our ski season will push on that much longer, and we might actually get to ski the Dartmouth Ski Hill before the season ends, but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. We do have to be in Hanover this week, however...

On the subject of skiing, we are taking what is probably a much needed break this weekend. Besides probably being a zoo at the Quechee Ski Hill, today it is snowing, and that makes skiing all the more challenging, at least for me. So on Sat and Sun, we'll hang out and relax, because last week we skied for six days straight. Don't get me wrong, it was awesome, and the kids really made leaps and bounds in their skiing, but I found myself getting into OCD/frantic mode and scrambling to ski every day. It gets a little crazy, and at some point it's good to take a step back and regroup.

I think we'll just sit back and watch the snow come down. What a great idea.

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am stuck at home thanks to the snow storm, instead of in Montreal. Oh well, there will be other go tournaments. Some day.

I had a lovely day anyway, getting some stuff done.

Karen

phredude said...

Hi Karen, Sorry you couldn't make it to Montreal, it's such a cool city. Then again, even if you don't like snow, it's nice to watch it coming down from the comfort of your home. AND, as you've mentioned, sometimes getting stuff done isn't always a bad thing. Hope you're well.