Saturday, May 28, 2011

Let’s Not Forget About the Wood

We can’t afford to get too complacent over here, the kiss of death, because once you lose momentum and inspiration, it’s all downhill from there. I finally managed to get this Winter’s wood complete, which satisfies my firewood OCD, at least for the moment. My first impulse is to sit back and pat myself on the back, but there are still 7 cords waiting to be dealt with. Granted, the weather has been lousy, I broke my foot (sort of), and the mosquitoes have been exceptional, but excuses are for sissies, and we have work to do.

Of course, I have a plan. I figure if I move 10 wheelbarrows a day of blocked wood, and then try to split wood for at least an hour each day, I should be okay by the time Fall rolls around. At some point this Summer, TB will deliver another 7 cords, and I’d prefer to clear the loading area of any of last year’s wood.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: