Friday, December 31, 2010

Screwed Up

Over the Thanksgiving holiday when my PR and RR were here giving me real-man pointers, I was embarrassed by the fact that I was severely deficient in my screwdriver collection. Come to think of it, I'm fairly deficient in a lot of things, but let's not go there. There have been many occasions where we've needed screwdrivers of various lengths, widths, and flavors, and just didn't have them. It is during those moments when you realize that man cannot live on white bread alone... whatever that means.

Anyway, PR didn't make issue of it because he was just being kind, but deep in the back of his mind I'm sure he was thinking, "You #*$#* sissy, get some tools, will you?" How could I not take action?

So when I was over at LaValley's, I picked up a screwdriver set, and it wasn't that painful, i.e., not that expensive. I love when that happens. Now I have a screwdriver for every occasion, and the next time PR or RR is over, or when my Mentor or JH and his magic bag of tools stops by, when they ask me if I have a narrow long-necked flat-head screwdriver or a short necked Philip's head, I can say, "Why of course I do." (I don't know what they are called)

I can't wait.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: