Sunday, December 26, 2010

Firing Up the Chainsaw

I have all sorts of obsessive issues with our chainsaw and lawnmower, and now, of course, our weed whacker. The experts keep telling me that modern gas is bad for them, and some say to drain the gas to keep your carburetor healthy, and others say emptying your tank will lead to rust.

I will say this, it can lead to a waste of gas. I’ve been told not to use gas that’s more than 30 days old, but a friend of mine who’s a logger says he’s used oil that’s a year old.

Maybe degradation of your carb is inevitable, but I’d like to minimize this effect, so with this in mind, CH, my sensei in karate, who also happens to be a logger, but a hardcore one who climbs trees with chainsaws strapped to his waist, said the best thing to do is just fire the machines up regularly, which I’m going to do.

That is, of course, until I get some new advice. Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: