Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Clapboards in the Winter

It’s cold and snowy out there, but I still plan on doing some outdoor activities as part of real-man training. Two things come to mind. First, the clapboards on the FEBP. Since I don’t need to paint them, they’re already primed, all it would require is cutting them and nailing them in. I’m ready. Then, in the Spring, I’ll paint them, though we’re still undecided on the color of the house.

The second project is that pile of wood. The chainsaw is primed and ready for work since I used it to cut that beast of a maple log. I’ve been storing it in the basement, so it’s not too cold, and now I’d like to cut up some of those trees. Part of my goal here is to have really dry wood, but maybe I’m just being too OCD about the whole thing.

With that in mind, maybe I’ll let the wood sit there and deal with it next year. We’ll see.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: