Monday, June 7, 2010

Firewood News and More Barn

I've decided to move my real-man training up a notch and change the chain on my saw. I've been using a safety chain, what is known as an anti-kickback chain, mainly because the saws scare me, but recently I've noticed that it can be a struggle to get through the wood. Some days I can only cut through two or three thick logs before the strain makes me tired and want to quit. I've avoided the more aggressive chains up to this point, figuring I had plenty of time to cut the wood, but time is wasting, and I need to get it done. I feel I just need to be extra careful, though I'm still not clear how much the safety chain can really prevent kickbacks. So I'll head over to Joe's and get one. This should be interesting.

Also, I've been in contact with my log source, TB, and he said he can deliver in the coming weeks. Great, so at least we're in touch and it's one less thing for me to stress about.

It has been baking hot, but for whatever reason, today is nice and cool. Could be a good day to finish that fascia on the dormer, and maybe even begin putting up siding. I think that once the new roof is in, it'll be that much harder to work up there, so I might as well do what I can while I can do it. This, of course, means I'll need shiplap and stainless steel nails. Off to Britton's we go.

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to homero chapa for the pic.

No comments: