Thursday, November 5, 2009

Real Man Nails, Shop Vac, and Backside

Just wanted to mention that I was at Britton's and bought some framing nails, and when I got home, I realized they were called Stallion Nails. This, of course, makes perfect sense, because I feel like such a Stallion when I use them.

Also, on the recommendation of PR, my brother in law, I went out and got a shop vac. He said to go out and get the best one I could afford, so I compromised and got what a I believe is a decent one, a Rigid, though probably not top of the line. Either way, I broke it in today and it worked beautifully. I realize that R will like it as well because we can use it to vacuum the car, which usually requires a trip to the car wash and lots of quarters. A win-win purchase if there ever was one.

Finally, I don't think R fully appreciates all that has happened to the barn thus far because it's all been on the backside. I've been framing like a madman, but when you see it from our house, it looks like nothings changed, and I get a sense she's losing patience. This makes me want to get to work on the gable ends so that she gets some sense of progress, but one step at a time. I can't really do any framing/sheathing until I get that sill down onto the concrete. I know, excuses, excuses, but what else am I going to do? Accept the blame myself?

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: