Sunday, November 22, 2009

Gloves

I just wanted to extend a big thank you to my in-laws, JR and RR, for the gloves they've given me over the years. There are two pairs that I've received and I use them every day when I work on the barn. I started out doing real man work not wearing gloves, but two things encouraged me to protect my Palmolive hands. First, my Mentor wore them when we put up sheathing. And two, I must have picked a million splinters out of my hands the first day, some of which I couldn't get out.

So I started wearing gloves, and they've changed my life. Not only do I avoid splinters, but they really help me when I carry around boards, and it's nice having them when working with nasty stuff like pressure treated wood. Plus, it's getting cold out there.

Thanks JR and RR, and thanks for reading.

No comments: