Thursday, November 5, 2009

Achieving Clarity... Not!

If there's one thing I've learned about building, it's not to ask too many questions, because you'll end up getting way too many answers. Best to find one source of info and get all your insight there. Unfortunately, being the neurotic nutcase that I am, I'm always searching for a second opinion, when in reality, all I should be doing is listening to one person's advice. Whatever.

I must have asked a dozen people about installing a sill onto the concrete foundation and gotten three dozen variations on the same theme, and yet, my first inclination is to keep asking. What exactly am I looking for? Your guess is as good as mine.

After all is said and done, I think I'm leaning towards going with PR's (my brother in law) advice and drilling holes and putting in anchor wedges. It's definitely not the quick, down and dirty, easy way, and I think I won't come away from it wishing I'd done it differently, it just may take more time. I even went out and bought the anchor's and the bit, and located a hammer drill that I can borrow, so I'm on my way. Let's hope I don't screw this up. I might, however, give one last call to B and get his thoughts since he's a concrete expert. I'm also a little wary of the stuff I bought because the guys at Britton's, even though they're great guys, don't always instill me with the most confidence. This should be good, so stay tuned.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to gerard79 for the pic.

No comments: