Saturday, November 14, 2009

Let There Be Light and Small Steps

I've concluded that the only way this project is going to go anywhere is by working at night. There's too much to do during the day that interrupts my manly flow, so I'm thinking that after dinner would be a good time. With this in mind, I got some lights for the job, though I've been told I'll need them anyway. We were out ice skating in Woodstock and were slated to meet mom in Hanover for dinner. I wanted to go to Home Depot but it is so out of the way, and once afternoon hits, the last place you want to be is in W. Leb. One of my favorite hardware stores, Welch's True Value, is just a mile or two away from the skating rink, so I decided to check it out and scored on two halogen lights that were on sale. Over half off! I'm such a sucker for sale.

Now that I have lights, I can pretty much work 24 hours a day, which is what I've dreamed of all my life. At the very least, it will help me work mornings and afternoons since the sun goes down so early. Also, on rainy days, it gets pretty dark in there, and you want to see when you're working with hammers and nails, saws, and drills. Plus, they're manly lights and make it look more like an official worksite.

The project is moving along, albeit with small steps, but moving nonetheless. I would say 90% of the framing is done, all I have left is that last sill on the back where the shop will be. I'm still hashing out the details of what will go there, but for now, I've got to fasten that board before any framing can occur

Until the next time, thanks for reading.

No comments: