Friday, September 23, 2011

Next of Kindling

It’s that time of year again, and it should be interesting to see how much wood we go through this year. We may have our wood all cut and split, but let’s not forget about kindling. Can’t get that old fire going without the stuff. In the past, I’ve gone to Britton’s and hoarded the scrap wood, and it was fruitful like you wouldn’t believe. Now they don’t seem to have a scrap box, and in the end, they probably thought I was crazy for grabbing the stuff up. At LaValley’s, when I asked, they tried to take me into the alley and flog me with a 2X4.

Either way, I got so much of the stuff last year, and this year there is none. I have wood from assorted projects, and I have pine logs up the wazoo. It doesn’t do much good lying around outside, however, and at some point I need to start splitting the stuff and store it in the basement. Winter will be here before you know it, and we don’t want to get left out in the cold... no pun intended.

Until the next time, thanks for reading, and thanks to Lori Downing for the pic.

No comments: