Monday, September 19, 2011

Great Weekend Before the Great Weekend

The weekend before the big visit I had a very productive couple of days on the home improvement front, and it all stemmed from one thing - no dumpling making. I can’t stress this fact enough. We missed last week because of the weather, so we had all the dumplings that we’d made all ready to go. This freed us from dumpling hell all weekend, and I was able to get some stuff done around the house.

First off, the lawn. Besides dumplings, it’s been hard to mow the lawn because the weather has been crazy. With all that rain, the lawn is growing wild, and we finally got a break in the weather to coincide from dumpling liberation. Plus, it cooled off a bit. Mowing the lawn in the scorching heat is almost unbearable.

I was also finally able to return to attending to the woodpile. I would say it’s about 20% done. Mind you, this is next year’s wood, so it’s not a rush, but the sooner the better. I made some kindling, as well, of which we had none before this weekend.

So things are moving along, and I’m confident once the dreaded dumplings are done, we’ll be more productive and efficient.

Until then, thanks for reading.

No comments: