Saturday, July 30, 2011

Getting Back in the Swing of Things, Again

We had a lot of fun on our trip, but it goes without saying that it sure feels good to be back in New England, a sentiment voiced to me by many people on the plane. The heat and politics of AZ just don't mesh with me.

On that note, there is much to do. The grass was growing out of control when we left, and now it is even more out of control. I am almost done with relocating the wood, and should finish it by this week, opening the door for me to receive the next 7 cords of logs. I could even theoretically start cutting the logs this Fall, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Then there is the barn.

Since the kid's activities are winding down, sort of, I hope I'll have more time to work on that darn barn. BL the plumber called before we left and said he's open to work on Sundays. HH is pretty much out of the picture, I think she dislikes working with a rank amateur as myself, plus she has other life issues to attend to. I was thinking of calling JH and his magic bag of tools, but he's busy, as well. Looks like I'll be riding solo on this one.

Finally, there are many projects to do on our home, the most immediate of which is getting the flashing to do the roof. This is going to be a bit of project because it will entail getting on the roof. Also, I need to borrow a big ladder, which always makes for some drama, but what's life without a little drama?

Until then, thanks for reading, and thanks to Christa Richert for the pic.

No comments: